As per RBI guidelines, your FreeCharge account limits would be based on your KYC effective from February 26, 2018 as below :
Any of your officially valid document number and self-declared name as in the document is required as KYC details. Applicable documents accepted as KYC are -
- Driving License
- Voter Id
If you provide the KYC details, following limits apply on FreeCharge Wallet (Minimum KYC)
- Balance Limit of INR 5,000 (Point in time balance)
- Can add up to INR 5,000 in your Wallet in a month
- Can add up to INR 50,000 in your Wallet cumulatively in a financial year
- Can spend up to INR 5,000 from your Wallet in a month
- Wallet account has an expiry of 24 months. Post this, you are required to undergo Full KYC Process.
Your current Freecharge balance is safe and you can continue using it as before.
*As per RBI Guidelines, money transfer to a Freecharge account& withdrawal to a bank account shall not be available.
# Gift Instruments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
For detail product features please refer the link mentioned below : https://www.freecharge.in/termsandconditions
You can place following limits on your FreeCharge account:
- Number of transactions per day
- Amount that can be debited from your FreeCharge account per transaction
To update these limits, you can write to email@example.com